This multi-function tool is believed to be Greek or Roman from 200AD to 300AD.
Archive for January, 2010
Tags: ancient, antique, archeology, cutlery, multi-function, Swiss Army Knife, tool
Tags: Arizona Cardinals, football, Kurt Warner, NFL, retirement, St. Louis Rams, Superbowl
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Kurt Warner has called an end to one of the great storybook careers in NFL history. The 38-year-old quarterback announced his retirement from the game on Friday after a dozen years in a league that at first rejected him, then revered him as he came from nowhere to lead the lowly St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowls, winning the first of them. Written off as a has-been, he rose again to lead the long-suffering Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl a year ago. “I’m excited about what’s next,” Warner said. “Before I was always excited about next season.” Warner walked away with a year left on a two-year, $23 million contract, knowing he still had the skills to play at the highest level.
Tags: audio ecologist, Gordon Hempton, noise pollution, quiet, research, Silence
Tags: apathy, cartoon, comic, credit crunch, economic crisis, humor, pic, picture, Ziggy
Tags: Apple, ereader, iFad, iPad, Mac, netbook, technology
While everyone is drooling over Apple’s latest electronic treasure, Gizmodo offers a different view. They find 11 problems with Steve’s newest child, the most serious one being the lack of multitasking. Other issues include the large bezel around the touch screen, lack of flash support and the name “iPad”.
Tags: bad day, bitch and moan, cathartic, depression, funny, humor, woe is me
Tags: atheism, evil god, holy water, religion, Russian Orthodox, Sense of Humor, wtf
MOSCOW — More than 100 Russian Orthodox believers have been hospitalized after drinking holy water during Epiphany celebrations in the eastern city of Irkutsk, an official said Monday. A total of 117 people, including 48 children, were in the hospital complaining of acute intestinal pain after drinking water from wells in and around a local church last week, said Vladimir Salovarov, a spokesman for the Irkutsk Investigative Committee.
Tags: carving, chainsaw artist, pic, picture, sculptor, wood craft, woodwork
Tags: funny, Germany, humor, immigrant, pic, picture, reddit
A little context – the thread concerned a German family with an autistic child moving to the US.
Tags: economy, Obama, Politics, Walmart
The following was posted as the FriarsClub’s Daily Joke. It’s not a joke – it actually makes sense.
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year..
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World..
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket Chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that….. MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy because the folks in Washington sure can’t do it!
Tags: bikini, daughters, Massachusetts, pic, picture, Republican, Senator Scott Brown