Reuters reports -
“I think the dollar will remain the principal reserve currency.”
And added a warning to the new U.S. administration -
“Given the important role the U.S. dollar plays in the global financial system, it is incumbent upon the United States to pursue sound economic, fiscal and monetary policies.” he said.
I hope they are listening. Read the Reuters article.
Image joining the Mile High Club in this little rinky-dink airplane. But, I guess, the price is right.
Mile High Atlanta’s website states -
We will take you up to over 5,280 feet above the earth’s surface so you have the opportunity to join the exclusive “Mile High Club.” For only $379.00 per couple, you and “your significant other” will have a one hour flight in a Piper Cherokee Six designed exclusively for this purpose.
Sign up now!
Forbes reports that the oil price run up of 2008 may have been orchestrated by Goldman Sachs.
There is evidence of a malevolent hand at work: oil price manipulation by traders orchestrating a short squeeze to push up the price of West Texas Intermediate crude to the point that it would generate fatal losses in Semgroup’s accounts.
And yes, Goldman Sachs is getting bailed out.
Read the Forbes report.
I bet MSNBC is all over this story.
The NY Post reports -
A “friend” of Vice President Joseph Biden’s daughter, Ashley, is attempting to hawk a videotape that he claims shows her snorting cocaine at a house party this month in Delaware. Joseph Biden has been an outspoken crusader against drugs, coining the term “drug czar” in 1982 while campaigning for a more forceful “war on drugs.”
Read more HERE or HERE.
The Big Picture presents some excellent pictures of the flood occurring on North Dakota’s Red River.
Go to The Big Picture.
Published March 27, 2009
Tags: Canada, democrat, Hillary Clinton, homeland security, Janet Napolitano, liberal, Mexico, Obama, OMG, Politics, Rahm Emanuel
The new Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, thinks feels that anything done on the Mexican border, also needs to be done on the Canadian border, to prevent hurt feelings. Another clueless liberal.
The Toronto Star reports -
“One of the things that we need to be sensitive to is the very real feelings among southern border states and in Mexico that if things are being done on the Mexican border, they should also be done on the Canadian border,” Janet Napolitano, the secretary of homeland security, told a Canada-U.S. border conference.
How low will this administration go? Also today, news about two other administration officials was bad. The Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton goes to Mexico and blames the U.S. for violence in Mexico. Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had a position with Freddie Mac – a ‘do-nothing’ position that payed $320,000.
Read about Clinton.
Read about Emanuel.
This NY Times page from 1999 outlines the start of the banking crisis, when the deregulation became law. Senator Byron L. Dorgan, Democrat of North Dakota, eerily said ”I think we will look back in 10 years’ time and say we should not have done this …” While Mr.Dorgan could not have been more correct, Barney Frank could not have been more wrong. Mr.Frank said that the deregulation did not go far enough. (see page 2) Incredibly, Barney Frank is still in the middle of the mess in Congress. If it is time to clean house in the financial institutions, it should also be time to clean out the Congressional garbage that deregulated them.
Read the NY Times article.
Washington State Attorney Hunting Regulations
1. Any person with a valid Washington State hunting license may harvest attorneys.
2. Taking of attorneys with traps or deadfalls is permitted. The use of currency as bait is prohibited.
3. Killing of attorneys with a vehicle is prohibited. If accidentally struck, remove dead attorney to roadside and
proceed to nearest car wash.
4. It is unlawful to chase, herd, or harvest attorneys from a snow machine, helicopter, or aircraft.
5. It shall be unlawful to shout “whiplash”, “ambulance”, or “free Perrier” for the purpose of trapping attorneys.
6. It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within 100 yards of BMW dealerships.
7. It shall be unlawful to use cocaine, young boys, $100 bills, prostitutes, or vehicle accidents to attract
8. It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within 200 yards of courtrooms, law libraries, health spas, gay bars,
ambulances, or hospitals.
9. If an attorney is elected to government office, it shall be a felony to hunt, trap, or possess it.
10. Stuffed or mounted attorneys must have a state health department inspection for AIDS, rabies, and vermin.
11. It shall be illegal for a hunter to disguise himself as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female legal clerk, sheep,
accident victim, bookie, or tax accountant for the purpose of hunting attorneys.
This video is a short speech by the UK’s conservative rising star, Daniel Hannan, a Member of European Parliament. In the clip, he dresses down Prime Minister Brown for destroying the UK’s economy under the guise of crisis management. I wish the empty suit in the White House would take Mr.Hannan’s words to heart. However, I’m certain that Obama, like Brown, is unable to see past his liberal ideology. Perhaps, the Republicans will rediscover their roots and hold Obama’s feet to the fire, but I’m not holding my breath.
Sometimes justice is served. Tunisia is mostly Muslim.
The Telegraph reports -
A Tunisian pilot who paused to pray instead of taking emergency measures before crash-landing his plane, killing 16 people, has been sentenced to 10 years in jail by an Italian court along with his co-pilot.